Top 5 Ecommerce Plugins for WordPress in 2021
24 Feb 2021
Finding the best WordPress ecommerce plugin that goes well with your WordPress configuration is rare nowadays. This may not be true for people who have extensive knowledge in this field. But if you are a rookie, then choosing the best plug-in from the long list of plug-ins with similar features can be confusing.
Therefore, referring to the internet to shortlist some plugins that you think would suit your website best is a wise decision and will save you a lot of time and energy.
In this article, we will be listing down the top 5 WordPress ecommerce plugins reviews that have the highest rating and are tried and tested by us. So, if it’s time for you to choose an ecommerce plugin, don’t panic; we are here to save the day. Let’s start.
1. WooCommerce – Top of the list Ecommerce plugin
WooCommerce is said to be one of the best ecommerce plugins that contribute substantially to make your store successful. The firm began from Woothemes in 2008. After few years, they decide to concentrate solely on ecommerce for the progress of their brand.
WooCommerce plugin bears multiple features that aren’t found in any other plugin, making it the best choice. But WooCommerce requires the users to get a domain, hosting, themes, etc., these features are not built-in. The prime purpose of WooCommerce is to let you take control of your business in the best way.
Huge variety of themes
WooCommerce allows you to add a separate plug-in for themes or use the default WordPress themes. Furthermore, this plug-in doesn’t start being glitchy when adding different and unique themes to your website.
WooCommerce provides properly constructed documentation regarding all of its aspects so that the user doesn’t face any difficulty while using it. They have covered all hooks, filters, and extensions in their documentation.
Manages customer accounts
WooCommerce lets the customers register themselves easily without any elongated procedures and automatically generates usernames and passwords if the customers want to. It also has a guest check-out feature for those who don’t want to register.
WooCommerce makes order management easy by organizing the shipped products, out of stock items and canceled orders appropriately.
- WooCommerce provides the user with a large number of plug-ins and extensions.
- You can get a customer or administrator account with a different set of rights.
- Customers can check out without registering by using the guest check-out feature.
- WooCommerce contains a wide variety of free and paid themes.
- WooCommerce can be tough to use if you are a rookie. The interface isn’t friendly for new users.
- It has no central support. The support channels are separate for different themes and plug-ins.
2. BigCommerce for WordPress – best eCommerce plugins for retailors
BigCommerce is a groundbreaking e-commerce builder. It offers online retailers extreme flexibility and has more integrated distribution tools as compared to its peers. Furthermore, it provides its user with enhanced SEO and excellent multi-channel functionality. The prime purpose of this plug-in is to push online businesses toward the peak of their success. In short, BigCommerce provides its user with all the things to run a thriving e-commerce store.
Point Of sale integration
If you are making sales offline or in your physical store, the BigCommerce plug-in keeps your finances and inventory arranged in order to avoid any fuss.
Themes play a massive role in making your store better than your competitors. In addition, the theme is mainly what attracts customers to your website. BigCommerce has about 12 free themes and over 100 paid ones, which gives the users a wide range to select from.
The BigCommerce plug-in has all the features already installed and ready to use. So you won’t have to invest time in configuration and set up.
Better processing rate
BigCommerce has partnered with processing companies; thus, credit cards are processed at a much reasonable rate through this plug-in compared to others.
- BigCommerce doesn’t charge any commission when a user purchases any of their plans.
- It has an enhanced SEO system that attracts an audience organically. It also accommodates image optimization in its plans.
- Users can conveniently sell to countries with different currencies.
- The PayPal card transaction fee is much lower than the others.
- The price for availing abandoned cart feature is way too high.
- They have a certain limit for annual sales. If the limit is crossed, the user is supposed to elevate to a more expensive plan.
- The free themes have almost the same design.
- They should improve page builder functionality as it is confusing.
3. EasyCart eCommerce store- Best Ecommerce plugin for Business owners
The incredible EasyCart Shopping Cart has become the talk of the town for quite some time now. This plug-in is made for business owners who don’t want to waste their time learning complex procedures of different plug-ins. The configuration speed and easy-to-use tools provided by this plug-in make it stand out from the crowd.
Furthermore, this plug-in is integrated with QuickBooks and mail chimp for email marketing purposes. There isn’t a restriction on selling a specific item; you can sell anything from software to apparel conveniently.
The astounding EasyCart plug-in has made online business management a piece of cake with its feature of maintaining shipping records, canceled orders, and customer notes. You can also view the information of a confirmed order properly in one place.
Shipments and taxes
This feature of the helpful easyCart plug-in helps you customize the shipping rates according to the product weight, price, and quantity. It charges taxes according to the country or state.
Selling worldwide means you should have a decent payment gateway. Fortunately, easyCart has been integrated with PayPal express square and stripe through which receiving payment from anywhere in the world is now easy.
This plug-in is also known for its fantastic SEO. Every product is SEO optimized, which makes selling easier due to huge traffics.
- It is a very straightforward plug-in; therefore, using it is extremely easy even for a rookie.
- The price of this plug-in is reasonably priced.
- It facilitates the user with multiple shipping options.
- The documentation of this plug-in is also highly appreciated by many users.
- The installing process is a bit longer and requires a lot of attention.
- You cannot skip SKU or skip a product data.
- This plug-in cannot manage bulk orders.
4. Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart- Grow your business speedily
Opting for Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plug-in can make your business grow considerably. This tool makes handling online business an easy task. Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plug-in allows you to create catalogs of products and mention all the information such as weight size and price under it. Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plug-in is a SaaS tool, so you will have to pay monthly fees.
If a user from another country visits an Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plug-in commerce website, the website’s language will switch to the user’s national language. It has a package of about 50 languages depending on the visitors’ location.
Like the other e-commerce plug-ins, Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plug-in is integrated with various other plug-ins through its “app market”. But, Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart is integrated with only a few famous plug-ins.
Tax and shipment
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plug-in is advanced enough to identify the customer’s location and apply tax according to the country. The same thing is done for store owners selling digital services or products.
- The free version of Ecwid also has a wide variety of features.
- It has the point-of-sales functionality which is quite useful.
- It calculates the tax rate automatically by identifying the location of the customer.
- There is no customer phone support in the free version.
- Integration with popular plug-ins is very limited.
5. Cart 66 cloud – The most beginner friendly eCommerce plugin
Cart66 is another plugin for your e-commerce store with a very easily understandable interface and straightforward navigation. Once you log in, a beginner’s guide is available on the page, making it straightforward for beginners. Furthermore, the configuration is also easy because of the guide they provided.
Cart66 is excellent in terms of customer support. The customer support agents are supportive, polite, and reply within a reasonable period.
To avoid overselling your items, you can monitor your inventory on any product. You may also use this feature to sell items like event registrations and tickets.
Cart66 allows the user to upload digital files to their products, and there is no limit of how many digital files you can upload to one product; when a customer places the order, he will be able to open the file.
- Cart66 Cloud is extremely easy-to-use as the development work is already done.
- All the features in cart66 are built-in and don’t require configuration.
- It allows users to sell both physical and digital products.
- Their customer support is highly qualified and friendly.
- The themes provided by this plugin are minimal in number.
- Cart66 has very few extensions with the popular connected services.
The best WordPress ecommerce plugin mentioned above are all packed with the features that will help you handle your e-commerce business. However, BigCommerce remains our first choice always due to its multi-channel functionality and impeccable SEO services. If you want to elevate your online business, then opting for BigCommerce might be the ultimate step to do it.
Nevertheless, if you think it doesn’t suit you best, there are always more options. Furthermore, it is crucial to consider all the important features the Ecommerce plugin should have before purchasing it. Hopefully, WordPress ecommerce plugins reviews made all confusions regarding e-commerce plug-ins clear.
Recommended WordPress Hosting
Fast, secure, and optimized WordPress hosting from $5/mo. Learn More
Featured WordPress Plugin
The #1 and most powerful WordPress caching plugin. Learn More
Latest blog articles
- Best WordPress Theme for SEO Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- How To Start A Fitness Blog; Steps And Recommendations Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Best Website Builder for Authors you should consider in 2021 Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Easy and Effective ways to create a Landing page in WordPress Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- How to Add an Accordion in WordPress Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Top 5 PayPal Plugin For WordPress; Reviews, Pricing, And Comparison Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?